The Pack in the Park is Cub Scout Pack 688 based in the Grant Park neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia. Pack 688 is an inclusive community that welcomes boys and girls from kindergarten to fifth grade to enjoy and participate in the fun activities and opportunities that Scouting offers to scouts and their families. Our scouts come together from across the neighborhoods and schools in southeast Atlanta. The Pack in the Park is chartered with the historic St. Paul United Methodist Church in Grant Park where most of our meetings are held. Please feel free to view, explore, and discover our Scouting world! If you have any questions or would like to join or Pack, please feel free to contact us at the email addresses below.
- 2017 Journey to Excellence – Bronze level
- 2015-2016 Guardian Membership – Atlanta Area Council- Boy Scouts of America
- 2015-2016 Unit Participation – Atlanta Area Council- Boy Scouts of America
- 2015-2016 Unit Goals Achievement Award – Atlanta Area Council- Boy Scouts of America
- 2012 Journey to Excellence – Bronze level (Unit Award)
- 2011 Journey to Excellence – Gold level (Unit Award)
- 2010 Atlanta Area Council – Scouting for Food
- 2010 Bert Adams- Scout Reservation
- National Summertime Pack Award
Adult Volunteers Needed
The Pack in the Park is a parent run Cub Scout Experience! Parental involvement is critical to the quality program we provide. Scouting makes strong families! At the moment, there are several opportunities for participation. Please see below for open positions where you can make a difference!
- Cub Master – Matt Holcolumb
- Communications – Holly Wilhelm
- Committee Chair – Martin Shelton
- Recruiting Chair – Rachel Higgins
- Secretary – Jared Bagby
- Treasurer – David Ashley
- Quartermaster – VACANT –
- Volunteer Coordinator – Angela Easter
- Advancement Coordinator – – VACANT – Enters all advancements, responsible for purchasing and picking up from Scout Store
- Outdoors Coordinator – Joey Sissom
- Race Coordinator – VACANT – Manages the Pinewood Derby and Raingutter Regatta races
- Fundraising Committee members– Helps to plan fundraising activities for the year.
- Xmas Tree Pickup Coordinator – VACANT –
- Pumpkin Sale Coordinator – VACANT –
- Camp Card Coordinator – VACANT –
- Webmaster – Kenzi Tainow
Contact email@example.com if interested in any open opportunity!