Pack 688 is a parent run Pack! We rely on our parents to step up and help with events as they are able. We have many opportunities for participation. You can sign up to assist at a specific event, or choose to help on a committee. Signing up sets a good example for your Scout and builds your relationship with the Pack community.
We always have a need for Den and Assistant Den Leaders. For those truly motivated to help build the Pack there is always room on the Pack Committee.
Every pack is under the supervision of a Pack Committee, consisting of at least three members (chair, secretary, and treasurer). By handling administrative and support tasks, the pack committee allows the Cubmaster, Den Leaders, and their assistants to focus on working directly with the Cub Scouts.
With a committee of three, members must assume responsibility for more areas of service than with a committee of seven or more. Although Packs can and do operate with a minimum of three committee members, experience has shown that a larger committee generally ensures a stronger, more stable Pack and is better able to perform all the required functions to ensure a successful Pack program. It is also a way of involving more families in meaningful service to the Pack. Pack 688 has been fortunate in having a fairly consistent committee of 7 or more.
Qualifications: Is at least 21 years old, is selected by the chartered organization, and is registered as an adult leader of the BSA. One member is designated as pack committee chair.
- Cub Master – Matt Holcolumb
- Communications – Holly Wilhelm
- Committee Chair – Martin Shelton
- Recruiting Chair – Rachel Higgins
- Secretary – Jared Bagby
- Treasurer – David Ashley
- Quartermaster – VACANT
- Volunteer Coordinator – Angela Easter
- Advancement Coordinator – – VACANT – Enters all advancements, responsible for purchasing and picking up from Scout Store
- Outdoors Coordinator – Joey Sissom
- Race Coordinator – VACANT – Manages the Pinewood Derby and Raingutter Regatta races
- Fundraising Committee members– Helps to plan fundraising activities for the year.
- Xmas Tree Pickup Coordinator – VACANT
- Pumpkin Sale Coordinator – VACANT
- Camp Card Coordinator – VACANT
- Webmaster – Kenzi Tainow
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in any open opportunity!